|Name: KRISTI WATTS||HAVE YOU SEEN THIS DELUSIONAL NEGRO?|
|Questionable Role: Pat Robertson’s un-be-weave-ably happy darkie co-host on the right wing 700 club.||KRISTI NEEDS YOUR HELP|
|Age: Old enough to know damn better.||Sex: Female|
|Date she left reality: The day her stupid arse went to work for Robertson’s talabangelical network in 1999.||Race: Black (Kristi’s membership in the race is under review.)|
|Latest Incident: Sitting there like a lobotomized coon while Pat Robertson attempted to discourage charitable giving to Haiti by spinning a fictitious tale of Haitians making a pact with the devil to gain independence from the French.||Height: 5’6″|
|City Last Seen: Virginia Beach||Weight: 140 lbs|
|State : Virginia||Hair: Weave|
|Country: United States||Eye Color: Brown|
|What You can do: Apparently Kristi doesn’t know that slavery is over and that she is free to leave Pat Robertson’s racist plantation network at any time to find legitimate work that doesn’t prey on her people’s religiosity and steal their hard earned money. Your generous contribution will help assist a team of professionals that will plan and execute an intervention on Kristi. They will show her that she doesn’t have to be Pat’s fuc*ing slave girl and that Christianity is not synonymous with the GOP. Should they fail to persuade Kristi, they’ll just beat her damn arse like she stole somethin.’|
The humanitarian crisis enveloping Haiti is the largest natural disaster since the Tsunami in Southeast Asia 5 years ago. The fears in the first responder community are that this disaster could rival the massive Chinese quake that killed more than 240,000 in 1976. If the spirit moves you to help, these are the organizations equipped to do it.
Hat Tip: msnbc.com
- Action Against Hunger, 877-777-1420
- Agape Flights, 941-584-8078
- American Red Cross, 800-733-2767
- American Jewish World Service, 212-792-2900
- Beyond Borders, 866-424-8403
- CARE, 800-521-2273
- Catholic Relief Services, 800-736-3467
- Childcare Worldwide, 800-553-2328
- Concern Worldwide, 212-557-8000
- Cross International, 800-391-8545
- Direct Relief International, 805-964-4767
- Doctors Without Borders, 888-392-0392
- Feed My Starving Children, 763-504-2919
- Food for the Poor, 800-427-9104
- Friends of WFP, 866-929-1694
- Haiti Children, 877-424-8454
- Haiti Foundation Against Poverty
- Haiti Marycare, 203-675-4770
- Haitian Health Foundation, 860-886-4357
- Hope for Haiti, 239-434-7183
- International Medical Corps, 800-481-4462
- International Rescue Committee, 877-733-8433
- International Relief Teams, 619-284-7979
- Lutheran World Relief, 800-597-5972
- Medical Teams International, 800-959-4325
- Meds and Food for Kids, 314-420-1634
- Mennonite Central Committee, 888-563-4676
- Mercy Corps, 888-256-1900
- Operation USA, 800-678-7255
- Oxfam, 800-776-9326
- Partners in Health, 617-432-5298
- Rural Haiti Project, 347-405-5552
- The Salvation Army, 800-725-2769
- Save the Children, 800-728-3843
- UN Central Emergency Response Fund
- UNICEF, 800-367-5437
- World Concern, 800-755-5022
- World Hope International, 888-466-4673
- World Relief, 800-535-5433
- World Vision, 888-511-6548
- Yele Haiti, 212-352-0552
Wyclef Jean’s grassroots org
Text Yele to 501 501 to donate $5 via your cellphone
The U.S. State Department Operations Center said Americans seeking information about family members in Haiti should call 1-888-407-4747. Due to heavy volume, some callers may receive a recording. “Our embassy is still in the early stages of contacting American citizens through our Warden Network,” the U.S. State Department said in a statement. “Communications are very difficult within Haiti at this time.”
For those interesting in helping immediately, simply text “HAITI” to “90999” and a donation of $10 will be given automatically to the Red Cross to help with relief efforts, charged to your cell phone bill. (More information)
Finally, the FBI urges people who are looking for ways to help with earthquake relief to be wary of solicitations that could be from scam artists.
Click for related content
“Past tragedies and natural disasters have prompted individuals with criminal intent to solicit contributions purportedly for a charitable organization or a good cause,” the FBI said, in passing along these tips:
- Ignore unsolicited e-mails, and do not click on links within those messages.
- Be skeptical of individuals representing themselves as surviving victims or officials asking for donations via e-mail or social networking sites.
- Be cautious of e-mails that claim to show pictures of the disaster areas in attached files, because the files may contain computer viruses. Open attachments only from know senders.
- Decline to give personal or financial information to anyone who solicits contributions.
- Make contributions directly to known organizations, rather than relying on others who claim in e-mails that they will channel the donation to established groups.
The FBI says anyone receipting an e-mail that appears to be a scam should forward it to this website: www.ic3.gov
Hat Tip: NBC, msnbc.com and news services
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti – Death was everywhere Wednesday in this devastated city of 2 million. Bodies of tiny children were piled next to schools. Corpses of women lay on the street with stunned expressions frozen on their faces as flies began to gather. Bodies of men were covered with plastic tarps or cotton sheets.
Moreover, untold numbers were still trapped after a powerful earthquake Tuesday crushed thousands of structures — from schools and shacks to the National Palace and the local U.N. headquarters.
As nations around the world mobilized to send help, Haitian Prime Minister Jean-Max Bellerive told Reuters that he believed the casualties would be “in the range of thousands of dead.”
Soon after, however, Bellerive told CNN that “I believe we are well over 100,000” dead, while Haitian Sen. Youri Latortue said it could be 500,000.
…Aid workers reported widespread destruction and suffering.
“It’s the most horrific thing I’ve ever seen,” Bob Poff, a Salvation Army worker in Port-au-Prince, told MSNBC. “We have to get food and water” quickly, he said, in describing conditions that range from stifling heat to numerous aftershocks. “We’re trying to stay alive.”
…People pulled bodies from collapsed homes, covering them with sheets by the side of the road.
…Tens of thousands of people appear to have lost their homes and many perished in collapsed buildings that were flimsy and dangerous even under normal conditions.
…U.N. peacekeepers were distracted from aid efforts by their own tragedy: Many spent the night hunting for survivors in the ruins of the local U.N. headquarters, where more than 100 people are missing.
To see how you can help, visit the website of the Center for International Disaster Information.
Former Generalissimo and Secretary of State Colin Powell told a George Washington University audience that he is undecided in this year’s presidential contest and is still weighing his options. The idea of a black president, according to Powell, would be, “electrifying…but at the same time [I have to] make a judgement here on which would be best for America.”
Powell’s statement lays bare the delicious contradiction implicit in departing from the Republican Party. Caught between racial pride and a lifetime of devoted service as the white power structure’s militaristic enforcer and their prestigeous blackface foreign minstrel, he cannot support Barack Obama without calling into question everything he has been about for the last 35 years.
In the end, the imperial crusade he helped to launch in Iraq with erroneous intelligence and blatant falsehoods and the overthrow of the democratically elected government of Hati, will be his legacy. He needs to own that failure.
Endorsing Barack Obama will not turn the page on his lifetime of betrayal. If he decides to go with Obama, it won’t be a personal decison. It will be a surreptitious effort of the imperial establishment to control Obama for Powell’s beloved plantation puppet masters. Colin Powell is no longer one of us. He is an enemy of the black community and if Barack Obama accepts his endorsement, he may become our enemy as well.